Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Next Year Means Nothing

Somebody recently said to me, "Well, with all the struggles the Air Force Men's Basketball team is having this year, they should be better next year." I was a little offended by that. I've had several people tell me the Falcons are simply playing for next season. I don't like that one bit. And I don't believe it. Tell Seniors Marek Olesinski, Justin Hammonds, De Lovell Earls and and the soon-to-return Max Yon this year doesn't count and the Falcons are simply preparing for next years campaign. That's insulting. Its crap. Air Force is trying to win NOW. These aren't exhibitions. Nobody else in the conference is playing for next year, not even San Jose State. They have a bevy of problems. The time to win is NOW. I get Air Force is young, and will have more experience next year. In sports, its not even "What Have you Done for me Lately" anymore. Its, "What are you doing NOW to Win?" This season isn't a dress rehearsal for 2015-16. It's about finishing the season strong, getting healthy and winning some damn games THIS YEAR. Marek, Justin, De Lovell and Max are gone in under 3 months. They don't care about next year. The guys coming back next season better not be worried about NEXT YEAR. Start Winning NOW!!!

2 comments:

Rick '77 said...

Amen gym. Nobody could have said that better than the way you did. Go Falcons

Rick '77 said...

Amen gym. Nobody could have said that better than the way you did. Go Falcons